- Adults Only Social Group. Wednesday mornings; just £15 per session. Equipment included. Next Session September 11th, 9am
- Voluntary Help (see below) with the Sandstone Volunteers Group. Please have a look at the Sandstone Volunteers Group website for more information http://www.sandstonevolunteers.nildram.co.uk/ or feel free to contact Graham Adcock who is the main man in this organisation. Any help warmly welcomed in the upkeep of The Rocks.
Somewhere to Stay
- Forgewood Camping. Just a 10 minute drive from us, this local campsite comes highly recommended by our clients where you can enjoy your stay with your own camp fire. They have also have a gorgeous barn conversion where you can enjoy a fine breakfast, delicious lunch or mouth watering dinner with locally sourced produce at good prices.
- Looking for a cool camping yurt holiday experience in the UK? http://uk-yurt-holidays.co.uk/
Yurt Holidays offer posh camping in luxury eco-friendly yurts in the heart of Kent, the Garden of England. Our yurts are in a unique location surrounded by the stunning Yalding Organic Gardens. Light your own camp fire or relax by exploring 18 beautiful organic gardens set in five acres of Kent countryside.
- Whether for a team day or a smaller group, we can get preferential rates at the TheCrownGroombridge.co.uk:
"The Crown Inn is one of the oldest pubs in Britain, frequented in the eighteenth century by the infamous 'Groombridge Smuggling Gang', who would meet in the wooden-beamed bar to plan their devious activities!"
- For Specialist Sandstone Climbing Equipment - www.rockclimbingstore.co.uk
- Or you can hire equipment here:-
Outdoorhire is your first stop for all your clothing and equipment needs. Visit our website to appreciate the full range of kit we hire. Call or e-mail us to discuss your specific needs - www.outdoorhire.co.uk | email@example.com 07583 611 432
Climbapedia is a free-to-use resource of crag information (including bouldering and Via Feratta), using interactive map software to allow you to plan your rock climbing trip with ease.
- Nuts4Climbing are affiliated with the White Spder Climbing Wall in Surbiton; has 2,000 m2 of walls with hand sculpted unique features including slabs, cracks, roofs, and an impressive overhang:
- Over 100 rope lines across five separate lead and top rope walls, with routes up to 13m long
- Currently set with over 250 routes covering grades 3 to 8a, and building to over 300 routes
- Three dedicated bouldering walls, covering 600 m2 and grades V0- to V12
- And a separate Spider’s Castle for the kids
Catch up with what's happening in the climbing world with forums, articles, photo's and loads more up to date information.
The BMC (British Mountaineering Council) is the representative body that exists to protect the freedoms and promote the interests of climbers, hillwalkers and mountaineers, including ski-mountaineers.
The Sandstone Vounteer Group Website; have a look at the preservation work that goes on behind the scenes; you too could have some input on what happens at The Rocks, and be a part of it.
The Tunbridge Wells Mountaineering Club
Other Activities of Interest
- Looking for a team building activity for the office? We have an amazing day lined up for you which will meet your corporate objectives - www.nuts4corporate.com
Books by Jim Curran (on Amazon.co.uk)
- K2: The Story of the Savage Mountain (Paperback)
- High Achiever: The Life and Climbs of Chris Bonington (Paperback) by Reinhold Messner (Foreword), Jim Curran (Author)
- Suspended Sentences (Hardcover)